[talk-ph] New data import of San Carlos City, Negros

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:02:16 BST 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 9:48 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>wrote:

> I believe so, I specifically requested the San Carlos City to give me
> the data under wgs84 proj and datum.  (But we can never be sure, since
> I only received the shapefile data and no accompanying GIS metadata).

Hmmm... If you check out Brgy. San Juan (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/34916659 ), you can easily see the
offset from the SRTM-based coastline. You can see similar offsets in the
mainland coastal barangays.

Do we fix/resolve this or just leave it for the meantime?

Eugene / seav