[talk-ph] First Philippine mapping party

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:52:33 GMT 2009

Here's my proposed schedule for our Tagaytay Mapping Party

Date:  March 14, 2009
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Meeting area: Carlos Pizza
if I remember it right, somewhere here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.10237&lon=120.95205&zoom=17&layers=0B00FTF

The major road passes along the Taal ridge, so I suggest we divide the
mapping area into the opposite sides of the ridge
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.1061&lon=120.9821&zoom=13&layers=00B0FTF

The south ridge is the steep areas where most tourist attractions are
located (hotels, view points, eating areas, etc.)
The north ridge is less steep where most residential area and
agricultural areas are located.

If there are mappers with membership access to Tagaytay's Highlands,
that would be good to map also.

I prefer to map the less steep north ridge.  Either by foot or bike.
We will stay overnight in Tagaytay (Saturday for mapping, Sunday for
family and mapping ;)), so I can cover other areas by Sunday as well.

Any other suggestions.