[talk-ph] Philippine addressing system for OSM

Michael Cole colemichae at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:58:24 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 11:03:45 Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
> I don't think this is just an OSM-PH problem. If we can create a nice
> extensible system, we can share it as an addressing "standard" that can be
> used by everyone in the Philippines. This begs the question: how do other
> companies/organizations/DHL/FedEx deal with the addressing mess in the
> Philippines? If these are not trade secrets, we should talk to them and see
> what systems are in place and how we can improve on them and create a
> "standard".

I get worried when people start talking about addressing here.

What you would have to reference here is the land title information.

I know its not good but it is correct, to a point.

DHL and Fedex secret is the telephone number on the slip..

The post office is the one with the best system.. Even if it is broke also.