[talk-ph] Proposed Philippine Postal Code System

art esmeralda artesmeralda at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 08:13:42 GMT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am really fascinated with the quality of work this community is churning
out. We happen to have some interns this summer, and I was thinking maybe
guided by those already involved in mapping , here in Davao city they can
contribute to some meaningful work.

The interns are savvy enough to operate Office applications and basic Java
and VB but zero knowledge in Mapping and GIS. We have a list of things lined
up for them to learn and try but I sincerely think this mapping endeavour
will really help.

My team and I are located in Davao City, if there is anyone willing to help
us out, we have ready and able interns with sleeves rolled up ready to
buckle down and get dirty. My email is artesmeralda at gmail dot com. And my
cell phone number is 0918.589.4822.

Blessings,

Artjr

2009/3/20 Ronny Ager-Wick - Develo Ltd. <raw at develo.ltd.uk>

>  I have the following suggestion for new community controlled postal codes
> in the Phils, based on the UK system, but improved and modified to make more
> sense in the Phils and to be easier to read and less disputed...
> Format:  AAAA99A 9AA
> Example: ABCD12E 3FG
> AB = Province or Metropolitan Area
> CD = Town
> 12 = district or section of town - divided using the method mentioned below
> E = (optional) sub district, to be used when we run out of post codes in an
> area
> 3 = sector within district
> FG = unit within sector - generally a limited section of a street with 1 to
> 100 or so houses
>
> Here's a further description of the above:
>
> AB = Province or Metropolitan Area
> ----------------------------------
> A two letter acronym for each province. Must be carefully compiled to be as
> logical as possible. I have focussed on unique characters in the name, the
> first letter always being the same as the first letter of the name.
> Examples:
> AB = Abra
> AN = Agusan del Norte
> AS = Agusan del Sur
> AK = Aklan
> AL = Albay
> AQ = Antique
> AY = Apayao
> AU = Aurora
> BS = Basilan
> BA = Bataan
> BT = Batanes
> BN = Batangas
> BG = Benguet
> BI = Biliran
> BH = Bohol
> BK = Bukidnon
> BC = Bulacan
> MM = Metro Manila
> PP = Pampanga
>

> CD = Town
> ---------
> Two char acronym for town within province:
> Examples:
> (Metro Manila)
> CO = Caloocan
> LP = Las Piñas
> MK = Makati
> MB = Malabon
> MY = Mandaluyong
> MN = Manila
> MR = Marikina
> ML = Muntinlupa
> NV = Navotas
> PQ = Parañaque
> PY = Pasay
> PS = Pasig
> PT = Pateros
> QC = Quezon City
> SJ = San Juan
> TG = Taguig
> VZ = Valenzuela
>
> (Pmapanga)
> AC = Angeles City[1]
> SF = City of San Fernando[2]
> AP = Apalit
> AY = Arayat
> BC = Bacolor
> CD = Candaba
> FB = Floridablanca
> GG = Guagua
> [...]

Blessings,

Art Trillanes Esmeralda Jr
Operations Manager
TierraCycle - Your Opensource Software solution Provider
cell: 0918.5894822