[talk-ph] Note on fixing vandalism using Potlatch

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:55:45 GMT 2009

Hello guys,

There has been a few isolated incidents of vandalism that appear to be
non-malicious in nature over the past few months. Usually these are done by
new users that decide to go on a clicking spree in Potlatch.

i have to warn you that if the user created a nonsense way, do not
immediately delete that way when using Potlatch. The problem with Potlatch
is that if you delete a way, it also deletes all the points that are not
part of any other way or relation. This deletion unfortunately includes POI
points.

I encountered one such way back in February and try as I might, I could not
find a way to disengage the POI point from the nonsense way. I had to resort
to fixing the mess in Merkaartor instead.

Eugene / seav
http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com