[talk-ph] on Manila South Cemetery

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 18:06:51 BST 2009

Yup, this is true. But I'm still curious about any arrangements between
Makati and Manila regarding the South Cemetery. One sort of proof that the
South Cemetery is managed by the City of Manila is the fact that the
official webpage of the South Cemetery is in the City of Manila website:
http://www.manila.gov.ph/manilasouthcem.htm

Quoting from that webpage: "*Legally Acquired – *The South cemetery was
legally acquired pursuant to ordinance 726 and other action taken by the
Municipal Board and Mayor Zobel vs. City of Manila (1925) 47 phil.,169."

Yet I find corroborating and also contradictory information from the Makati
City website. In their webpage for Brgy. Sta. Cruz (
http://www.makati.gov.ph/portal/contents/about_makati/barangays/sta_cruz_r.htm)
they say that "Brgy. Sta. Cruz hosts one of the known public cemetery in
Metro Manila, Manila South Cemetery"

But on the same page they also say that the eastern border of Brgy. Sta.
Cruz is South Avenue, which places South Cemetery *outside* of the barangay.
Yet, the same webpage says that the land area of Sta. Cruz is 47.33
hectares, which means that they've included South Cemetery.

Curiously, if you follow the boundary data in the Makati City website, it
appears that the Makati Catholic Cemetery and the lot south of it, both of
which are between the South Cemetery and Nicanor Garcia St., don't have any
barangays!

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com