[talk-ph] 1st OpenStreetMap Philippines Mapping Party Success!

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Mon May 18 02:36:22 BST 2009

Maning,

hehehe ... that was actually our main food while mapping.  with thanks to
Rally he brought some snacks!  hahaha  .... one might also suspect that
Pringles is the sponsor ... or, you are right, it could be one of those DIY
gps antennas?  depends on who is viewing the pic..

The other pic that I sent (the one with the link) does not have the
pringles.  You can also use that for your blog

:>)  ed

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 9:22 AM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>wrote:

> ed,
>
> Hiramin ko picture na to for my blog report.
>
> Just one question, is the pringles container part of the mapping rig
> (wifi antenna) or energy booster for the mappers? :)
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Ed Garcia <eppgarcia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The earlier email did not get through as it had an attachment larger than
> > 40K.  So here is the same photo as a link ...
> >
> > http://edpgarcia.multiply.com/photos/album/50/project001-bataan#60
> >
> >> This is just in case there were no pics of Rally's mapping rig, attached
> >> is a similar setup of the GPS-Laptop configuration which Rally and I had
> >> when we went mapping at Mariveles Bataan a few months ago.
> >>
> >> The hardware setup is basically a GPS with external antenna, Laptop
> >> running from an inverter and software is N-Route (by Garmin)

website administrator:
- www.waypoints.ph
- reeflife.eppgarcia.com

PADI Divemaster #491048