[talk-ph] Province place nodes

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 02:12:19 BST 2009

Hello guys,

I think we need to update the set of province place nodes. (An example is
Catanduanes: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/305704527 ). It seems
these province nodes were imported from the GEONet Names Server (GNS) by
Mike Collinson. The problem is, the data is outdated: the newer provinces
are not included:

1. Kalinga and Apayao are still together as Kalinga-Apayao
2. Biliran
3. Guimaras
4. Compostela Valley
5. Zamboanga Sibugay
6. Dinagat Islands

Also, I'm not sure if the import was complete since I don't see all the
provinces' labels on zoom level 8 of the Mapnik layer. It's possible that
they already exist and are just not rendered but it's very hard to check
with the tools I have at hand. In particular, the following provinces might
be missing:

1. Mountain Province
2. Quirino
3. Oriental Mindoro