[talk-ph] Province place nodes

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 03:48:49 BST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Ed Garcia <eppgarcia at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can help a bit  btw, where is the best ppoint to place the node?  At the
> provincial capitol (if capitol location is known)? m  or at the geographic
> center of the province?

My personal preference is at the geographical center of the province.

Here's my reasoning: the purpose of the node is to place a label. And in
most Philippine maps you see, you have the province label near the
province's center.

As for settlements (towns, cities), the label should be placed in the
poblacion since that is where most maps place the labels for the
settlements.