[talk-ph] Province place nodes

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 05:41:50 BST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:11 PM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Why place=state?

That's what the existing node have so I simply copied the "convention".

I checked Canada (since they have provinces and territories instead of
states) and found out their nodes also use place=state. For example
Saskatchewan: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/305700698

Of course, it doesn't help that Mike also imported those nodes. :-p

So, i'm not sure if we should change place=state to place=province. Take
note that we also had an old discussion regarding whether to use
place=village for barangays. Then again, the
place=city,town,suburb,hamlet,village values are for settlements, not large
administrative subdivisions.

Any thoughts?