[talk-ph] several variations of postcodes in osm-ph

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 04:40:47 BST 2009

I suggest using addr:postcode exclusively.

Zip codes in the Philippines is really meant to facilitate addressing and
addr:postcode does that nicely.

Also, I don't think tagging streets with postal_code is that useful and may
even be harmful. We'd be splitting streets whenever they cross a boundary
for no other reason and we don't actually associate streets ways with POIs
and buildings in any robust way.

Redundancy issue:
The issue above (of which key to use to store zip codes) is separate from
the issue of whether we should tag *all* POIs in a zip code area with the
zip code or to just draw a zip code polygon around the POIs. (Note that
practically all zip code areas are coterminous to administrative boundaries
like barangays, cities, and municipalities anyway.)

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com