[talk-ph] several variations of postcodes in osm-ph

ian lopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 13:27:21 BST 2009

Regarding the redundancy/coterminus ares issue: Makati City is notorious for having two or more postal codes within the some barangays (Bangkal - 1231, 1233; Bel-Air - 1200, 1209, 1226, 1227; Forbes Park - 1219, 1220; Dasmariñas - 1221, 1222; Magallanes - 1231, 1232; Pio del Pilar - 1200, 1230, 1231; San Antonio - 1200, 1203; San Lorenzo - 1200, 1223, 1224, 1226, 1228, 1229; Urdaneta - 1200, 1225, 1226), and some areas that are in different jurisdictions have the same postal code (Kaunlaran Village in Caloocan, Malabon and Navotas cities - 1409). Even worse, some barangays within Metro Manila don't have assigned postal codes (like some areas in Mandaluyong, San Juan and Pateros AFAIK)

addr:postcode is okay for nodes, but can we place postal_code=* for ways (like buildings and streets)? I don't mind if one street is within a single postal code (which makes it easy to add the postal_code tag), but for streets that pass through many postal codes, adding add=postcode in nearby nodes could be a good solution instead of dividing street ways, then adding separate postal_code tags (which I did when tagging postal codes on streets).