[talk-ph] Time for another mapping party?

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:21:24 BST 2009

Hey guys,

It's been 4 months since the Tagaytay Mapping Party, so I think it's time we
do another one and I suggest that this time we do it in Metro Manila to get
more participants. (And try to better the event management skills of the
Davao pips when they did their Davao Mapping Party. ;-)

While Metro Manila is covered by Yahoo! imagery, there are plenty of places
where a "virgin" GPS survey is possible. Here are some places I can think
of:

1. Ortigas Home Depot and Metro Walk. The Yahoo! imagery here is outdated so
this is a good spot to survey. The problem is that this spot is too small.
But we could fill in the time with presentations if we were to target
newbies.

2. McKinley Hills in Taguig (near Bonifacio Global City). Yahoo! imagery is
outdated too. Same concerns as above.

3. Mandaluyong around Shaw Blvd. This area is covered by clouds in Yahoo! so
GPS surveying is definitely needed.

4. Combine all of the above as separate slices if the number of participants
is high.

Any other suggestions?

Eugene / seav