[talk-ph] Suggestion for unbarricaded one-way street corners

Jun Martin jun.martin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 05:25:48 BST 2009

Hi, everyone!

I've noticed that the parts of McArthur Highway in the City of San
Fernando, Pampanga (in the vicinity of the Dolores Flyover) where the
highway is split into 2 one-way roads are not properly connected to the
side streets.  I've taken the liberty of connecting side streets to BOTH
one-way roads, where such is applicable (McArthur Highway for the most
part has no center island but has been divided in the middle in some
parts of the city).

At this time (September 2009, for future reference), EDSA is the rule
(or is it the exception?) where side-streets USUALLY are not connected
to both one-way sides, but some main avenues do cross both sides of EDSA
and are therefore connected to both.

Perhaps you know of ways that are similar to the portion of McArthur
Highway that I've mentioned above and you might be able to correct the
connections.

I noticed this issue because my Nuvi keeps telling me to turn right on
McArthur and then make a U-turn at some point (the opposite way is not
connected to our village's main road) because my route is to turn left
at McArthur outside our village.