[talk-ph] please revert this user's edit (Re: Fwd: [OSM-talk] RR8 - Possible International Vandal(assistance required in various countries))

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 04:17:46 BST 2009

> The problem is that it's hard to determine which are the edits worth keeping
> and which are not. I would assume that the edits that appear where there is
> Yahoo! imagery is valid and those outside are not.
Correct.  That's I why I am hesitant to do massive revertion (using
the revert.pl tool).  It is possible we break other people's edits
when we do automatic revertion.  I suggest we use humans to do the
reverts.

He did admitted it came from roadguide.ph so there is no question that
his edits are not allowed in OSM.  Even if there is yahoo! imagery, I
believe we can re-trace them using purely yahoo! imagery.

> Also, we still have those edits from user hellodeck that appear to be traced
> from Google Maps still lingering in the database.
I have no concrete proof (user admission) this came from google
imagery (although I highly suspect it is).  If proven, I suggest we
remove this one as well.