[talk-ph] Tropical Storm Ondoy: are you guys ok?

ian lopez ian_lopez_1115 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 19:21:03 BST 2009

Maybe we should do something - probably re-activate the Humanitarian OSM Team. Also, I realized that GMANews.TV used Google Maps for their interactive map, supposedly showing the location of areas that have persons trapped in the flood. It also has an accompanying description of such locations and that is AN EPIC FAIL, to quote some humor site.

What could we learn from this? Aside from the obvious, maybe we should add more housenumbers. And "teach" our media not to use a "FAIL map", to quote a twitter update. Let's just hope that Maning, Ed, and the rest are OK.

--- On Sun,