[talk-ph] Tropical Storm Ondoy: are you guys ok?

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 12:48:01 BST 2009

Hello all,  I am back online (temporarily) as I am using the computer of my
" evacuation center" brother-in-law.

Yes.  Our house got fully submerged (roof included) in very muddy flood
waters.  The waters rose to record high compared to the 3 floods of 1979,
1989 and 1999.  Yes, I experienced all 4 floods so far ... Remarkably , the
major floods come every 10 years and about this time of the year always.
This is the worst, damaging everything we had, burying most items in 6
inches of thick mud,  the ceiling collapsed from the sediment accumulation.

Yes, we moved into our neighbors 2-storey house (roof actually) and slept on
the roof the whole night through without getting any rescue as the rescue
operations were simply overwhelmed with the magnitude of the flood and the
number of flood victims.  There were a lot of fatalities, mostly from being
trapped in their rooms as the flood rose so fast.

We all safely survived the flood.  Praise God!

We deeply appreciate your concern.
ed and kids....
p.s. my wife was not at home at that time so she was spared from the flood
as well.  Praise God again.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Update: I got this news from Eric Punzalan over at the WaypointsDotPH
> Yahoo! Groups:
>
> FYI
>>
>> Our friend Ed Garcia's house has been under water, completely, since
>> yesterday.
>> He managed to escape the waters by taking shelter in a neighbor's house
>> (second floor).
>>
>> I lost contact with him yesterday afternoon after he sent an SOS message.
>> They were all safe as of that time and were preparing to move up to the
>> roof as the waters kept rising.
>>
>> We could not get to their village to help due to flood waters.
>>

> Rem also mailed there to say that he went to Marikina to do coverage for
> his newspaper. He tried looking for Ed's house but was unsuccessful.
>
> Maning also lives in Marikina. I have no word about him and his family yet.
>
> :-(
>

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Maning, Ed, Rally and others in Marikina, Pasig, Cainta, etc. are you guys
>> ok?
>>

> --
> http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com

website administrator: