[talk-ph] need help on mapping for ondoy/Kestana flood victims in Metro Manila

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 06:25:57 BST 2009

Hello,

More information:

Typhoon Ketsana[1] brought massive flooding to the Philippines. In just 12
hours, rainfall to Metropolitan Manila has brought more water than the
monthly September average and has broken a 1967 rainfall record. There has
been already around 240 people who are confirmed dead.

Aside from Maning, another OpenStreetMapper, Ed Garcia[2], was also
affected. His house is in Marikina, one of the cities most affected, and it
has been submerged in water and mud. He and his family were able to evacuate
to a neighbor who has a two-story house.

Aside from the mapping aspect, if you would personally like to help
directly, the Philippine National Red Cross will accept donations via
PayPal. Their PayPal address is give at redcross.org.ph

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Ketsana_%282009%29
[2] http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/ed_waypointsdotph

Thanks,