[talk-ph] RFC: Planned Arivac Bohol Data Import

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 11:51:03 BST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Andre Marcelo-Tanner
<andre at enthropia.com> wrote:
> - Do we remove the arivac tags once we fix it?
I advise not to, although, this is of minimal use when compared to the
original data later on.  Please retain for provenance purposes

> - Do we include St. or street, avenue etc in street names?
As per agreed PH practices, Street or St is not necessary.  But Road
or Avenue is OK.

> - Are the POIs imported properly, looking over all my POI's while mine
> are not totally accurate, there seems to be a general offset from my
> POIs to the Arrivac POIs, so I'm not sure which is correct
> see my trace and POIs http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/kzap/traces/657452
>From what I know, they used Magellan Triton (SIRF Star III chipset).
But it all depends on how you collect data.  If you feel your data is
more accurate, please adjust them.