[talk-ph] copyright infringement detection notes

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 04:20:30 BST 2010

Hi,

I am collecting my own thoughts on how we can resolve possible
copyright issues within osm-ph.  There are several notes in the wiki
dealing with this cases including an OSM Foundation technical working
group.  However, I personally believe we can resolve such cases within
our local community (osm-ph).  Rather than bringing up the issue to
the OSMF, we should resolve this on our own.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Maning/copyright_detection_notes

Feel free to add more of your insights.

ONE BIG WARNING:  We have to be careful when dealing with such cases,
contributors might get alienated if we simply label some editing
behavior either as vandalism or copyright infringement.