[talk-ph] Node position for towns

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:47:58 BST 2010

Hi all.

I have partially brought this subject up with Maning some time ago and would
just like bring it up again on the forum ...

I propose to make it standard to position town nodes as near as possible to
the municipal hall of the towns.  This makes for better and easier
navigation when using the osmphil_garmin GPS map that Maning compiles.  Most
town nodes are still located at the geographical center of the boundaries of
the town.  If the node is moved near to the municipal hall (which is usually
along the main road of the town), a traveller can see better what town is
"next down the road" when he/she navigates with a GPS.

cheers
ed

--
website administrator: