[talk-ph] Need help in analyzing the changesets from a user

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 16:56:29 BST 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>wrote:

> This user <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/du1nij> has edited many roads
> in Metro Manila.
>
> These two changesets are quite problematic:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/4410576 (update taguig and
> tondo)
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/4421045 (aligned road)
>
> He has no public traces and he has changed the shape of some roads for the
> worse.
>
> I think that he has recorded some traces and didn't realize that the GPS is
> affected by the urban canyon effect.

Follow-up: Yup, he does seem to have a non-public trace uploaded (which is
accessible as anonymous traces in Potlatch and other editors) and he
completely adjusted the roads to match the zigzags of the trace. I am now
trying to revert his edits.

You can use the following changeset analysis to check out his shape edits:
http://osm.cdauth.eu/history-viewer/changeset.php?id=4421045
http://osm.cdauth.eu/history-viewer/changeset.php?id=4410576

I've already sent him a message, by the way.