[talk-ph] Kumusta?

Craig nuclearmoose at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 00:20:13 BST 2010

Hello, everyone.
This is just a short introductory note...
My name is Craig Hartel, and I live in Dawson Creek, BC Canada. I am married
to a Cebuana from Cebu City and I have family and friends there. I am a
geomatics technician, working for the government of BC with the Ministry of
Forests. I have been in the mapping field since 1992.

My work has mostly centred around resource inventories and the issuance of
tenures for road building and other resource development.

I have a great love for the Philippines and I am eager to help with the
mapping efforts. I would guess it would be logical for me to start in the
Cebu City / Talisay City area as those are where I am most familiar.

While new to OSM, I hope to quickly learn how to use the available tools and
contribute in a meaningful way. I also have contacts in Cebu who have GPS
units who have stated that the would collect data points whenever they can.

I've joined the OSM - Philippines member list already, and I would love to
hear you recommendations for the best tool set(s) to use for mapping
purposes.

Any advice you have would be appreciatively received.

Salamat po!
Craig.