[talk-ph] Semirara - Panian Coal Field

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 09:46:29 BST 2010

Belate Earth Day everyone!

I saw an article in Star Newspaper about the Panian Coalfield in
Semirara Island.  As an earth day tribute edit, I can't pass off this
issue about the physical effects mining.
NASA published an image taken from the International Space Station
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=43474

I loaded the image in JOSM and edited the mining area:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/esambale/tags/semirara/

Some of the edits are not visible in the map, but the data is there.
I had difficulty rubber sheeting the image but this will do for now,
until a gps track is available.