[talk-ph] Sun Cruises is using OSM!

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 02:54:14 GMT 2010

For her birthday, my friend from high school is planning to take our
gang on a mini sunset cruise at Manila Bay from Sun Cruises, Inc.:
http://www.corregidorphilippines.com/

They gave her a map showing directions to the dock where the boat is
and I was pleasantly surprised to see the OSMPH Garmin map used as a
background! I've attached the map they provided and the colors and
buildings are unmistakably from OSM, though the shape of the Coconut
Palace shows that they're using an older version of the Garmin map.
But still, it's extremely refreshing to see someone use an OSM map
instead of a Google map to provide directions. :-D

I'll try to talk to them and maybe we can finally push through with
the Corregidor Mapping Party.