[talk-ph] Announcing the OSM-PH GPS Map release 2010

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 04:26:22 GMT 2010

OSM-PH Garmin users,

We are pleased to announce the new release (2010) of the OSM-PH Garmin
GPS Map.
This will be the LAST of the regular bi-monthly release for the OSM-PH
Garmin GPS Map project.

Starting this week, updates on the map will be nearly DAILY!
Depending on the load from borrowed server, updates can be as frequent
24 to 72 hours. This means you can edit openstreetmap and download the
Garmin map the following day that includes your recent contributions.

As of my last calculation we have approximately  48,000 ++ kilometers
of roads, thanks to all the 400++ contributors.  Thanks to all those
who tested and provided feedback.

Known bugs:
 - Full address search may not work as expected
 - POI icons not visible using 3D mode in some units

Before installing the new maps, please remove the previous OSM-PH
Garmin GPS Map following the instructions here:
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/remove_mapsource_mapset

To download the maps, go here:

http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

Other experimental GPS maps are also available:
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin#toc5

As usual for data problems, go fix it at:
http://www.openstreetmap.org.

For bug reports, post a message either at the wiki discussions page:
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/message/list/home

Or via our svn/trac site:
https://free2.projectlocker.com/maning/osm_ph_garmin_map/trac/wiki

You need to login first, use this generic account.
username: osmphgps AT gmail DOT com
password: osmphgps

Enjoy!

---