[talk-ph] Duplicate nodes

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 04:59:19 GMT 2010

Hi guys,

Some of you may already know this tool:
http://matt.dev.openstreetmap.org/dupe_nodes/

This shows duplicated node, or two nodes that have the exact same latitude
and longitude. Usually, one is redundant and should be deleted or merged
with the other.

For those that have tried using this tool, I have noticed that some
duplicated nodes are actually from the GNS import. For example, there are
sometimes two mountain peaks with different names but in the same position!
I know that GNS rounds longitude and latitude values so this might be why
there are duplicates, but I think this highlights that the GNS data should
also be verified!