[talk-ph] correct tag for subdivisions

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 01:49:46 GMT 2010

Most people tag them as place=hamlet.  place=village is for Barangay.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Philippines/Mapping_conventions#Barangay_names

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Jing Iya <jing_iya at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> What is the correct tag for a subdivision, is it hamlet or village?
>
> Some contributors are using hamlet, while the others are using village.
>
> To be searchable in a Garmin map via POI or City, what are the other tags
> that needs to be added? (e.g. is_in:city etc.)

adding the place=hamlet is sufficient for the OSM-PH Garmin Map.  I
have not figured out how to use the is_in for garmin search.  Any
advise is welcome.

> Sorry for the trouble guys.
No trouble.  Questions like these are very much appreciated.

One more thing, I think the OSM PH agreed not to add the word street
for the street names except for example "First Street" or 1 Street.
The word Road, Avenue, Boulevard whenever it exist, is OK.  This is
not standard for OSM International.  Just for the Philippines.