[talk-ph] New topographic map of Mindanao

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 00:27:25 GMT 2010

On 1/13/10, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> NAMRIA, with the help of the Mindanao Economic Development Council, is
> planning to update its set of 1:50,000 scale topo maps of Mindanao:
> http://balita.ph/2009/10/03/new-topographic-map-for-mindanao-up/
>
> I wonder what role can OSM-PH do here (plain consumer or active
> contributor?).
>

> Eugene (osm:seav)

I think OSM-PH should establish contact with NAMRIA (if it is not done
in the past). Let them aware what OSM=Ph is doing for roads and
streets for whole Philippines.  Right now. it is hard to get access
for GIS materials (e.g. shapefile for barangay level) from NAMRIA. But
you can get it thru DIVA-GIS ( http://www.diva-gis.org/gdatares).
Anybody in the list from NAMRIA?

Noli