[talk-ph] Microsoft Bing Maps *might* support OSM

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 22:50:06 BST 2010

Update on high-resolution imagery (I did a random search) so this will not
be complete:

1. The original coverage of Metro Manila area (same extent as with Yahoo!)
2. Central Cavite (Naic to Silang), southeastern Laguna (San Pedro to Los
Banos), mideastern Batangas (Santo Tomas to Batangas City, including Lipa),
Parts of southern Rizal (Pililla and Talim Island) [this overlaps with #1]
3. Cebu City, 90% of Mactan Island, eastern Talisay, Mandaue
4. Legazpi up to Tiwi, Malilipot, Tabaco, Guinobatan, Daraga, Jovellar, down
to Donsol (Sorsogon); Mayon summit is covered with clouds
5. Downtown Iloilo towards Oton and southern Mandurriao
6. Zamboanga City up to Pasonanca, and the southeastern islands
7. Cagayan de Oro
8. Downtown Puerto Princesa, *not* including Honda Bay
9. Tacloban (including San Juanico Bridge) down to Dulag (Bing has downtown
Palo which Google doesn't)
10. Iligan down to the northern shore of Lake Lanao (almost all of Agno
River is covered)
11. Cotabato City and nearby parts of Maguindanao and North Cotabato
12. Puerto Galera (I'm surprised!)

There is NO coverage for Davao.