[talk-ph] Microsoft Bing Maps *might* support OSM

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 06:29:10 BST 2010

@noli,

not entirely because they provided an osm data editor.
http://bit.ly/cYylVU

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
> ArcGIS is already piggyback on OSM success.
>
> ArcGIS for iOS4 (IPhone) is using OSM.
>
> http://www.spatiallyadjusted.com/2010/07/06/arcgis-for-ios-release/
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arcgis/id379687930?mt=8
>
> Noli
>
> On 7/11/10, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to request/demand bing to allow imagery tracing?
>> (Doesn't like MS to simply piggyback on our success, they should
>> definitely help in expanding mapping.)
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Update on high-resolution imagery (I did a random search) so this will not
>>> be complete:
>>>
>>> 1. The original coverage of Metro Manila area (same extent as with Yahoo!)
>>> 2. Central Cavite (Naic to Silang), southeastern Laguna (San Pedro to Los
>>> Banos), mideastern Batangas (Santo Tomas to Batangas City, including
>>> Lipa),
>>> Parts of southern Rizal (Pililla and Talim Island) [this overlaps with #1]
>>> 3. Cebu City, 90% of Mactan Island, eastern Talisay, Mandaue
>>> 4. Legazpi up to Tiwi, Malilipot, Tabaco, Guinobatan, Daraga, Jovellar,
>>> down
>>> to Donsol (Sorsogon); Mayon summit is covered with clouds
>>> 5. Downtown Iloilo towards Oton and southern Mandurriao
>>> 6. Zamboanga City up to Pasonanca, and the southeastern islands
>>> 7. Cagayan de Oro
>>> 8. Downtown Puerto Princesa, *not* including Honda Bay
>>> 9. Tacloban (including San Juanico Bridge) down to Dulag (Bing has