[talk-ph] better ways to coordinate coastline mapping?

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Thu Jul 15 06:41:40 BST 2010

maning sambale wrote, On Thursday, 15 July, 2010 12:01 PM:
> What I mean here is the mainland of Palawan.  But yes the smaller
> islands needs more work.

Hmmm, now I'm beginning to think I didn't understand. I thought you were saying that the coastline of Palawan (yes, the main island) was 99% free of jagged coastlines. But when I look at it I can see about 30% unjagged, and 70% jagged. eg

<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=9.1627&lon=118.2309&zoom=13&layers=B000FTF>

Am I looking at the wrong thing here? Do you have a different view with all the jaggies removed? Ah ... or maybe I'm looking at the OSM rendered map, which hasn't been updated. Is that it? In which case, sorry to be dumb.

Jim

--
   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 920 912 5830
   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
   w: http://www.datalude.com/