[talk-ph] better ways to coordinate coastline mapping?

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Fri Jul 16 05:01:25 BST 2010

Eugene Alvin Villar wrote, On Thursday, 15 July, 2010 10:06 PM:
> <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Coastline_error_checker> to generate
> closed shapefiles that Mapnik can use. This tool is only run
> infrequently and that is why coastlines do not update often in Mapnik.

I see what you mean ....

	"Last update of coastline errors: Wed Apr 14 13:19:17 UTC 2010
	Using data available at: 100414
	If this is really old it's almost certaintly due to missing daily diffs at
	http://planet.openstreetmap.org/daily/
	In which case you have to wait till after the next weekly dump..."

I guess something went wrong then ... three months is a long time on OSM

Jim