[talk-ph] OSM, Walking-papers and local Government, HS Students, Subv Owners.

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 05:12:43 BST 2010

Hi,

Last night, I was browsing for mapnik, OSM, QuantumNik, etc. related
materials to read and learn and I read about walking-papers

http://walking-papers.org/

Now, I am just looking what is happening in OSM-PH.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Metro_Manila

It seems that some of the roads are unnamed  yet according to the wiki.

Probably OSM-PH can use the walking-papers to iron out details on the
maps and name those unnamed street and road by asking the local
government - cities and barangay officials to help OSM.
I think the City of Manila is already using the OSM maps (I saw the
OSM maps in the TV news in one of the news earlier this year). High
School Students could be tap as well as resources. Joggers and walkers
clubs can probably help as well using the walking-papers approach.

I think local subdivision owners organizations will likely to
volunteer to do this job, map their own subdivision using walking
papers and then later on ask them to do the real work of OSM mapping
with GPS if the roads are not yet done :-).

I can't help you much in leg work in OSM-PH since I am in Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks,

Regards, Noli