[talk-ph] somewhat off-topic: osm-ph garmin map update 20100602

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 03:47:35 BST 2010

Hi,

Apologies for this off-topic posting (not everyone here is using the
osm-ph garmin map).

I have made a few modifications in the garmin map.  Most of them are
simple display and styling tweaks.
I think the most important of all the minor tweaks is the addition of
a time penalty when using faster routing.  I simply added additional
time penalty when you route through roads with traffic_signals.  This
means your GPS gives you longer travel time when you pass by roads
with a lot of traffic_signals.  This makes sense on the ground but
need more testing with the garmin units.

A full log of changes is always available in the README.txt file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/latest/README.txt

Enjoy!  We have more improvements in the pipeline.  Suggestions are welcome.