[talk-ph] Bookmarklet to quickly view a changeset in the OSM History Viewer

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 15:52:28 GMT 2010

Hi guys,

Lately, I've found the OSM History Viewer[1] (Wiki) to be a really useful
tool for checking changesets created by other users. But it's quite a hassle
opening a new tab to load the service then copy-pasting the changeset ID. So
I created a bookmarklet such that whenever I am on a changeset page on the
OSM website, I can just apply the bookmarklet and be whisked off to the
History Viewer instantly.

Shown below is the bookmarklet URL if you want it too. It's just a
quick-and-dirty piece of JavaScript hacked together in a span of 5 minutes.
To install, just create a new bookmark with the whole geeky text below in
the URL/URI/address field. Enjoy!

*
javascript:a=document.location.href.split('/');if(a[2]+a[3]+a[4]=='www.openstreetmap.orgbrowsechangeset'){document.location.href='
http://osm.cdauth.de/history-viewer/changeset.php?id='+a[5]}else{alert('This%20is%20not%20a%20valid%20OSM%20changeset%20page.')