[talk-ph] road to asin hot springs, benguet and QC tracks

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:20:36 GMT 2010

Hi tutubi,

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 2:00 PM, tutubi
<tutubi at backpackingphilippines.com>wrote:

> hi!
>
> i uploaded gpx of my trip to Asin hotspings, my track extended the
> currently mapped road going there but also didn't exactly match the
> map
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/backpacking%20philippines/traces/636046
>
> Can i just convert the track to a way?

I personally prefer tracing over the track instead of directly converting
them to a way. Most raw tracks have too many nodes for straight stretches of
the road.

Other people may convert these tracks to ways anyway. Usually, this happens
if the track is in an empty area so that it doesn't bother other existing
data.

Eugene (osm:seav)