[talk-ph] osm-ph garmin maps minor updates

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 08:40:08 GMT 2010

Dear Garmin OSMers,

Just a couple of minor update re: OSM-PH Garmin Maps you guys might be
interested
http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

Firstly, since I launched the daily updates, I am receiving more than
usual bug reports about the map (both in the wiki and trac).  Thanks
to all bug reporters!

As a result, we were able to fix a several minor bugs in the map
mostly on the style and routing.

Details in my blog:
http://epsg4253.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/minor-improvements-in-the-osm-ph-garmin-maps/

And the README.txt:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/latest/README.txt

Secondly, I have added a debug logging report in the daily map compilation:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osm-ph_gps_maps/latest/mkgmap.log.0.txt

The generated report indicate routing issues, that needs fixing the
data.  This is very helpful especially for routing.  One example
report goes like this:
2010/03/25 20:07:04 WARNING (RouteNode): philippines.osm: Outgoing
roundabout flare road
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/45176106) points in wrong
direction? http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=14.16571&mlon=121.23975&zoom=17

This means that an outgoing way from a roundabout may have a wrong direction.

Another one goes like this: