[talk-ph] RFC: Planned Arivac Bohol Data Import

Jim Morgan jim at datalude.com
Sun Mar 28 06:12:58 BST 2010

maning sambale wrote, On Saturday, 27 March, 2010 11:42 AM:
> For comments:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Philippines/Data_import_Arivac_Bohol

Sounds good. I'd be glad to help out. As the amount of data currently in the area is negligable, and the amount to be imported is huge, maybe the best plan would be to keep a copy of what's there, and then just replace it wholesale.

Then a few of us could assign ourselves areas, and manually re-add the old tags to the new data.

Then we could recruit the help of locals to tag the road names and types, and any other features. This is a lot easier when the roads are already in place.

But then again, I haven't really been involved in a mass-import before, so there's probably a few problems with that idea. If so, I'd go for the pre-processing idea.

Jim

--
   datalude: information security
   e: jim at datalude.com
   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 920 912 5830
   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
   w: http://www.datalude.com/