[talk-ph] osm-ph garmin map users do not tag for the renderer (Fwd: ref tags seem to override name tags on ways in the Garmin maps)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 04:31:16 BST 2010

Dear OSM-PH Garmin Users,

Eugene reminded me that some contributors are removing the ref tags on
major roads in Metro Manila.  The reason was because this was shown in
the OSM-PH Garmin Maps.  This is classic case of tagging for the
renderer:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tagging_for_the_renderer

Please don't do this.  File a bug report in the OSM-PH Garmin map
tracsvn site if you have issues with the Garmin Map style and we will
fix them as soon as we can.