[talk-ph] Northern luzon road and bridges status (Re: Typhoon Megi/Juan Humanitarian OSM Team activation request)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 10:47:13 GMT 2010

Dear everyone,

I have a list of roads and bridges provided by DPWH.  The list shows
the roads and bridges that are closed to traffic.  As per conversation
with the Bureau of Maintenance staff.  They don't have a lat/lon data
of these bridges, they a follow a linear referencing system (kilometer
markers) to locate the bridges on the ground (probably good to add
this kind of data when you map bridges for OSM).

The full-list is here:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=1YlpX--gtON-_pH9jbz8nd28UWZT3GuKfh7cNs0DhWjIhx9fWz7s2Q5SzuAGN&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

I roughly estimated the location of some roads:
http://phdisaster.crowdmap.com/ (select the road condition category).

I need your help to locate the following bridges/roads.  If you don't
want to add them in the crowdmap, simply give me a permalink
(googlemaps/osm) so that I can add the info.

Here's the list as of 12noon 20101108:

Kalinga:
* Lubuagan-Batng Buhay-Abra Road KM 481+200 to 506+800 - closed to traffic

Cagayan:
* Cagayan-Apayao Road
  ** Maguiling Overflow Bridge KM 519+725 Tuao, Cagayan - closed to traffic
  ** Tuao-Orag Bridge Fugo, Tuao, Cagayan - open to traffic
  ** Sarabay Bridge Calabioa, Tuao, Cagayan - closed to traffic

Isabela:
* Cabagan-Sta. Maria Road
  ** Cabagan-Sta. Maria Overflow Bridge km 451+462 - closed to
traffic, underwater 5 meters depth
* Ilagan-Bigao-Palanan Road KM 418+800 Rang-ayan, Ilagan - closed to traffic

Aurora:
* Baler-Caisguran Road
  ** Dibet Bridge KM 340 + 160 - not passable to all type of traffic

Thanks again.