[talk-ph] Bing or own aerial pictures...

Totor totor_osm at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 07:26:25 GMT 2010

Hi all,

The Bing imagery is great for Cebu.

I just had the possibility to make some aerial pictures of Cebu myself during a helicopter tour.
The resolution is slightly higher than the one of Bing. The coverage is much smaller tough ^_^

And its quite some work to rectify the pictures.
I tried picture by picture with Hugin but this only works if there are reliable perpendicular lines in the pictures.
Directly with q-gis, there are not enough reliable traces to align everything, and it doesn't correct the angle of my camera...

Now I'm back with Hugin, but the latest version. It can now stitch and correct the movements of the camera.
The automatic control points are often on top of buildings, so they have to be selected manually.
You can find some initial pictures here : http://osm.totor.ph/

I'll still continue to experiment with this, but the tracing from Bing might be available earlier.

Cheers,

Totor