[talk-ph] Laurel - Tagaytay Road that pass through "disneyland" Fwd: talk-ph post from banito_pinoy at yahoo.com requires approval

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 09:44:49 BST 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Rally de Leon <ralleon at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2 years ago, my cousins got lost coming from Laurel going up to Tagaytay
> ridge via these roads (they became narrower as they went up the mountain,
> enough to fit one car only). So, I don't recommend any of the barangay roads
> mentioned going down to Laurel via tagaytay ridge. It's rainy season.
> Someone needs to verify first if they're slippery or 'tracks only' (4x4
> trail).
Correct, which is why it was tagged as highway=track
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway=track?uselang=en
The three roads in question should have an additional tracktype grades
to identify the exact type of surface.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tracktype?uselang=en

> The safer road to use is the one with disney-like castle, which is "Diokno
> Highway" (green-color southwards).
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=14.0415573120117&lon=120.857334136963&zoom=13
>
> Driving Directions:
> Coming from Tagaytay, along Tagaytay-Nasugbu Road, turn left to Diokno Hwy
> at the intersection just before reaching Nasugbu boundary. This road will
> pass by Canyon Woods gate & Fantasy World (castles). At the end of Diokno
> Highway, turn left to the provincial road going to Lemery.

Is this the road you are referring to:

It has a tracktype=grade4 which means:
"Unpaved track; prominently dirt/sand/grass, but with some hard
materials, or compressed materials mixed in. "