[talk-ph] Intramuros Mapping Party

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 08:05:33 GMT 2010

Hi guys,

There being no objections or other suggestions, the 2010 4th quarter
mapping party will be in Intramuros! Since Intramuros itself is too
small for a mapping party, we will also include nearby areas such as
Rizal Park, parts of Ermita, the City Hall area, and the South Port
district. The target date is December 11 and so please block this date
off your calendars. :-)

I have created the initial wiki announcement page for this event,
including the proposed cake slices:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Intramuros_Mapping_Party

For our homework (and also for those who want to help out but can't
join the actual party) here are things you can do:
1. Spread the word!
2. Map as much of the area from Yahoo! such as missing streets,
buildings, and the like. This is so that attendees can then just
verify them on the ground.
3. Create a list of historical landmarks (such as NHI markers) in the
area that mappers can then look for.

I hope many of you can attend!

Regards,
Eugene