[talk-ph] Fwd: [OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap License Change Phase 3 begins Sunday

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 07:01:19 BST 2011

Hi Andre,

If you check out the Philippines page
<http://www.odbl.de/philippines.html>, most of the largest
contributors have already accepted the Contributor Terms.

Right now we are in phase 2. This means that people can *voluntarily*
accept the CT if they want to. It's not mandatory yet.

Tomorrow will be the start of phase 3, which means that anybody who
has an OSM account cannot edit or contribute data unless he or she
accepts OR declines the Contributor Terms. I also think that OSMF will
send out a general contact message to all of the OSM accounts who
haven't accepted/declined to do so.

Hopefully, in the next several weeks, we will see an uptake in acceptances.

Eugene

http://vaes9.codedgraphic.com