[talk-ph] Ultimate mapping challenge: marking the Station Balanacan in OSM

Ed Garcia eppgarcia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 07:52:10 BST 2011

Hi Maning,

Take a look at:  http://waypoints.ph/gpsdata.php?wpt=MRQ1

I thik that this is the same Balanacan Station refered to below.

MRQ1 is just one of the 122 GPS station markers established during the PRS92
project.  As some will describe it, PRS92 is the "improved" or "corrected"
Luzon Datum  and these markers were supposedly set up by using highly
accurate GPS systems during the project.  I only knew now that this is Main
Reference.

The coordinates on the website were already converted to WGS84 datum (from
PRS92 as printed on the brochures of the said project).

The Station Markers are locate all over the Philippines, please look at:

http://waypoints.ph/categmap.php?cat=GPS

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 10:55 AM, maning sambale <emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
> wrote:

> The Balanacan Station is the main reference station for all surveying
> in the Philippines.  A great challenge for any pinoy OSMer to visit
> and mark. :)
>

> http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/39553/marinduque-town-plays-host-to-rock-marking-ph%E2%80%99s-center
>
> http://marinduquegov.blogspot.com/2008/08/balanacan-station-mother-of-all-surveys.html
>
> According to this pdf,