[talk-ph] tagging rotund/roundabout

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 02:07:50 GMT 2011

A question was posted in the OSMPH facebook page:

Hi folks. I noticed that OSM PH doesn't seem to have the rotundas
correctly mapped. I believe they have to be entered as "roundabouts"
instead curved paths or turns. Baguio rotundas seem to be correctly
mapped. How do you do that?

The same author sent me a similar inquiry via FB message:

I noticed that OSM PH doesn't seem to have the rotundas correctly
mapped for most of metro manila. I believe they have to be entered as
"roundabouts" instead curved paths or turns. Baguio rotundas seem to
be correctly mapped. But how do you do that?

sa baguio kasi i noticed that as you entered a rotunda (like the one
near Wright Park), my GPS correctly calls it a "roundabout" and its
voice prompt also correctly instructs to take the "nth" exit from the
roundabout. compare that to say, the Welcome Rotunda coming from
Manila as you enter rotunda towards UP GPS voice prompt would say
"turn left and the right". Instead it should have said "enter
roundabout and exit at Quezon Avenue".

My answer below:
I think "Welcome Rotonda" doesn't have a roundabout tag, hence, your
Nuvi don't recognize them when giving turn directions. The way I see
it 'Welcome Rotonda" technically is not a roundabout anymore.
=========

Any other ideas regarding tagging rotunda/roundabout?