[talk-ph] Automatic road tracing from satellite imagery?

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 03:39:24 GMT 2011

I've tried it and it's a hit and miss. In some places it worked perfectly.
In another place it's like a drunk driver who ignores roads. Hehehe.

Merkaartor plans to incorporate this tool, experimentally, in the near
future. I'm sure some JOSM person is also creating a plug-in for this since
this tool's API is extremely simple.

Here's an email by the Microsoft researcher who helped create the tool to
the main OSM mailing list:

Hi Guys,

http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/maps/archive/2011/02/03/automatically-detect-roads-with-bing-aerial-imagery.aspx