[talk-ph] Are real estate development maps fair game?

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 02:49:40 GMT 2011

On the first premise that the developers gave explicit permission,
then that's definitely OK.

I don't have any strong opinion for or against copying names from
these *not third-party* sources.  However, in many cases real estate
plans maybe just plans. The streets may not exist at all or currently
under development.  Therefore, we should continue to  exercise
caution.

I agree that real estate devs use our map for promotion but hopefully
not this kind of advert:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/maning/diary/7777

(I believe murlwe removed them already)