[talk-ph] peculiar barrier=gate and access problem

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 10:23:54 GMT 2011

I have difficulty tagging this kind of gate.

The gate is along the main road.  There are actually two gates one is
for vehicle and the other is for pedestrian.  In some cases, the gate
for vehicle are "permanently" closed but allows pedestrian (and also
cyclist, by carrying your bike) to pass through.  How do I properly
tag them in order to properly enable vehicle routing?

Do I split the road and create a small way/segment where the gate is
located and add:
foot=yes
bicycle=yes
motorcar=no

Any ideas?  I saw this situation on many roads in Teacher's Village
and Provident Villages.